[aprssig] Firmware upgrade for KPC 9612

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:31:36 EST 2007

I have a friend who is in Indonesia.  He is a ham radio operator.  He and
other hams are helping with relief efforts for the recent floods.  He needs
to setup an APRS digipeater.  He has a Kantronics KPC 9612 (non-Plus
version) with the original firmware.  He needs the updated firmware so that
the TNC will work as a digipeater.

I know that at one time there were some members of this list that would burn
an EEPROM for the KPC-3, with updated firmware, if they were sent a chip.
If I get a chip, for a KPC-9612, is there someone on this list that I can
send it to for upgrading?

John, KC5ZRQ