[aprssig] solar powered digi/wx

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Mon Feb 5 13:08:31 EST 2007

Hello Peter,

My company builds weather stations. We have many many solar powered weather
stations around the world. In fact I just got off the phone with someone
installing one of our weather stations on top of an active volcano in Chile.

There are a few old photos on our customer showcase page:
http://www.aprsworld.com/wind2/applications/

And a few on our new photo gallery:
http://www.aprsworld.com/gallery/

And a few on a product page:
http://www.aprsworld.com/selfcontained/

And many over the years on my personal photo gallery:
http://jamesj.jarviscomputer.com/gallery/wiscoy

I've built many solar weather stations over the last 7 years, so I would be
happy to help any way I can.

As a shameless plug for my company, our Wind Data Logger
(http://www.aprsworld.com/wind2/) has native APRS output capabilities. We
have off-the-shelf sensor options for wind speed, wind direction,
temperature, relative humidity, and luminosity. We can provide or help you
with any other sensors you need. You can see KB0THN-12 or K0NY-2 as examples.

-James Jarvis KB0THN