[aprssig] RE: 6 meter APRS or meteorscater?

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 17:56:42 EST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu>
I remember we did APRS MS many years ago (1995) (APRSdos has a
built-in Meteor Scatter mode) but none of the follow on clones
implemented it so again, it is another APRS function lost to
one-way vehicle tracking..  Here are the results back then:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/meteors.html

Prior to Roger's passing, I convinced him to include Meteor Mode in UI-View.  It is still there.

Btw...100 watts to an omni on 6-meters is plenty to propagate APRS via MS.  No need to track the radiant.  Just let 'r rip.

Ev, W2EV