[aprssig] A new APRS possibility

David Fleming ddallasnc at stx.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 19:45:58 EST 2007

I just discovered a new bit of software that has some really nice
possibilities for APRS.

It is mojopac;  http://www.mojopac.com/portal/content/what/ . This allow
one to run a small Windows XP environment in parallel with your already
running Windows XP environment and all the programs that are run on
mojpac are completely contained on a USB stick. My USB stick  is 8 Gb,
but 2 Gb would work. The mojopac environment is started and all programs
that are added in that environment end up on the USB stick, and this USB
stick can be plugged in anywhere where a Windows XP computer is
available. APRS+SA (as an example) is loaded on mine and I can carry my
APRS software and start it on any XP computer where I can have admin
privilege.

... but I have some problems. While I can run APRS+SA off my USB stick,
the Delorme Street Atlas USA 9.0 data CD is looked for in the new
environment as the same drive letter as on the main system and changing
it messes up my normal installation. Precision Mapping Streets and
Traveler 8.0, on the other hand, loads fine in the mojopac environment,
but UI-View will not start properly unless UI-View is already installed
on that computer because of some shared libraries and such (such as
THREED.OCX), and that really defeats the point of having it on the USB
stick. Does anyone know how to make APRS+SA work with Precision Mapping
Streets and Traveler 8.0.  This would solve my problem.

Has anyone used mojopac for APRS software yet. I get the impression it
has only been avaliable for a short while.

David -- KE5NYD