[aprssig] Forming wire loops

Ben Jackson ben at ben.com
Fri Dec 7 17:33:35 EST 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 08:22:03AM +1000, Andrew Rich wrote:
> I am looking for ideas to help form wire loops from wire that is already of
> larger diamater.

If it's already got a shape, it may have work hardened.  That will make
it more difficult to form.

The mechanism you described is called a 'slip bender', and they do work,
but there are challenges whe you want to form many loops (the work gets
wrapped around the tool).

A technique I like for free-form bending of wire is a cement filled road
cone.  The rubber road cone grips well, and you have your choice of
diameters.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben at ben.com>