[aprssig] Repeater Objects

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:46:36 EDT 2007

I think for now I'll work on the one hop idea from my home station.  I
can't quite figure out how to configure my software (xastir) to do
something like that, but I'm sure I'll figure out something.  Maybe
I'll be able to a TNC & transmitter at the repeater site one day, but
it seems like a lot of work :).

As for the digi owner, well, it is his equipment and software and he
is entitled to configure it the way he wants.  I don't blame digi
owners for not wanting to setup extra features as they are the ones
that have to put the effort into makeing it work.  In this case, a
simple repeater object may be no big deal, but if every tom dick and
harry wanted their custom object transmitted, it could become a real
pain.

73 de Joe NE3R