[aprssig] Need a KPC-3 Plus

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Aug 30 13:23:23 EDT 2007

Sure.  It's got one LM335 on the board and will report that temperature in the status line.  You can add more sensors if you turn on the telemetry option, but they're not converted to temperatures, just shown as raw values.

You can also run it in 1-wire weather mode and hook a DS18S20 up to it.  It'll send that temperature in weather format and the internal temperature in the status line.  That'd probably be the simplest way to do it.  The DS18S20 is also more accurate and since it's a digital sensor it's not affected by voltage drop in the cabling.  The advantage of weather format is that it's displayed and graphed properly in FindU and other clients, no need to convert units.

Scott
N1VG
  _____