[aprssig] Xastir, new language supported!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Aug 30 00:43:15 EDT 2007

Well, before this gets too far off topic, here's something that might be
of interest to those who like to tinker in C:

http://n1vg.net/opentracker/images/ot1plus-display.jpg

The OT1+ SMT module has enough free I/O lines that I was able to hook up
a 20x2 LCD module from my junk box.  I think it cost about $2 at
Electronic Goldmine.  I'd already written the interface code for another
project, so getting it to display the addresses and packet data took
about 5 lines of code.

It's no HamHUD, but I think I'll make a weather station monitor box to
make it easy to keep an eye on local paraglider launch area conditions
without a D7.  And I'll put the code out there, so anyone who wants to
build their own gadgets with it can.

Scott
N1VG