Proposal RE: [aprssig] They don't get it

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 23:36:45 EDT 2007

With all due respect, fellas.  We know what's actually
'crippled'.

  Rise above it.

Rather than adding more posts claiming somebody
doesn't know what he's talking about, which just buys
into what they are trying to do (troll), why not put
together a 2-3 page, concisely worded answer to the
question "Why APRS", for the 'average' Ham.  Make it
factual and respectful, but for the uneducated.  Then
you can post it over *there* whenever you want and
feel superior.  It will also come in very handy many
times in the furure in other venues.  I wish I had
something like that.
...probably just edit one of Bob's pages.  This group
should be able to do a bang-up job; understatement,
eh?

List all the things that light your fire.  Many of you
can do a much better job that I ever could.  I just
beacon and look on findu to find out where I am... and
read the sig and try to learn.  [oh yea, and help a
blind ham in the area get a digi going so he can use
APRS for walking around town... with the help of
anyone with Net access, for findu, and either a cell
phone or an IRLP link, but that's probably booring,
too]

It's neat stuff, but I'm just a tech junkie.

Yea, I know.  Sometimes ya jus gotta vent...

I use to have a sig:

-- You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown
in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turns out to be
ignorance.

73, Steve, K9DCI
  I'm having a one cent sale.  ONLY 25 cents each.
--Max Klinger.