[aprssig] FW: ANDE Special Event

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Aug 27 18:31:34 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bruninga [mailto:bruninga at usna.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 5:34 PM
To: bruninga at usna.edu; amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: RE: ANDE Special Event

Reminder of ANDE Operations Event Tues and Thurs:

We have increased the reporting rates slightly, since ANDE has a
much smaller footprint than PCSAT-1.

Eastern USA Morning passes:

On Tuesday and Thurs, Naval Academy students will operate ANDE
to gather
statistics on the success rate of the APRS mission.  We invite
participation, attended or unattended IAW these guidelines:

1) Tracking Base stations set 3 minute rate
2) 50W mobiles set 2 minute rate
3) 5W HT's set 1 minute rate

Do not TX more often, as it will mess up the statistics.  Would
be nice if you put your station info in your posit text so we
could confirm the validity of the statistics of your transmit
rate, something like:

"Base=5min +10 dB"
"50W =3min w 5/8ths"
"HT=1min w 19" ant"