[aprssig] Prius Battery Life and Replacement Cost

bob evinger wd9eka at evinger.com
Sun Aug 26 20:20:25 EDT 2007

Thanks, somehow I think I will probably need a lot of caffeine to read
it...  While I have and like my Insight, I think in many respects the
manufacturers(or more likely the consumers need to wake up).  honda made
a civic VX back in the early 90's.. I had one and put close to 100,000
on it.  It was 5 passenger, mini-wagon looking thing, that got 55mpg on
the highway.  I'd take one of those over a hybrid any day just because
it was less complex and still got good gas mileage.

Too many people think bigger is better. I do EMS work in addition to
being a programmer. I've seen more fatal accidents in the big stuff than
the little vehicles. I will never ride in a dodge durango, i'm sure they
are an okay vehicle but I  saw some really nasty stuff once and its just
one suv that I cant look at without have some really bad memories.

on more APRS, I am finally in the process of getting setup to mount
antennas on my new m/c an 07 yamaha FJR1300. There is actually small
compartements under the seat that will hold normal sized mobile radios.
First task is to get my FTM10 mounted and the head on the handlebars.
Then I think I'll start working on finding a place to put my
pockettracker.  wd9eka motorcycle aprs mobile hasnt been on line for
over a year. Couldnt get it to work reliably on the goldwing and now I
get to start fresh.