[aprssig] Prius Battery Life and Replacement Cost

Daron J. Wilson daron at wilson.org
Sun Aug 26 00:34:37 EDT 2007

> Dust to dust cost being more than a HUMvee, I would like to see or read
> that report because my personal experience would seem to dispute that,
> but then I dont have personal experience with a humvee.....

I'll look for the article that I read about them as well, I don't remember
the humvee comparison, but rather a lengthy explanation about the carbon
units expended to produce the products (batteries, electricity, etc) and the
efficiency with the conclusion being that while it made you feel good about
helping the environment, if you took into account everything that was
involved in production and life of the car, it was more harmful than a
conventional vehicle.

Interesting to consider more than one point of view...though, it's
attachment to APRS is becoming distant.

73
N7HQR