[aprssig] MFJ working on a new SMT version 1270

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Aug 25 19:08:05 EDT 2007

> And just out of curiosity, what were the tweaks for the
> Tracker2/TCM3105 combo?

I'm trying to remember now.  The stock code doesn't do quite as well
with the TCM3105 in the current revision, but it still does a little
better than your average MX614.

Most of the things I was tweaking involved PLL error thresholds and
details of the clock recovery code.  That's where the T2 really gains an
advantage over TNC2 clones - its clock recovery is a lot smarter.

For the OT1+, I've duplicated the DSP code on a PC so I can run 20
minutes of captured audio in about 1.5 seconds.  Makes it a lot easier
to test revisions.  It still scores lower than the hardware-based
demodulators, though.  But not bad for an 8-bit chip at 7.3 MHz.

Scott
N1VG