[aprssig] MFJ working on a new SMT version 1270

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Aug 24 20:11:04 EDT 2007

So I guess I'm not the only one still using the venerable XR2211!  Or
are they going to something else?  I don't know who makes Bell 202 stuff
other than CML these days.

Anyone tried any other TNC-2 clones against track 1 of the APRS test CD?
  I'm curious how they compare.  The data points I've got (including the
MFJ-1274) are all under 900 packets.  The Tracker2 is currently doing
around 935.  Most of the newer DSP and MX614-based TNCs are scoring in
the 960 range.  The best I've seen so far is 991, for a tweaked Tracker2
and a TCM3105.

Scott
N1VG