[aprssig] Need some programming advice

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Fri Aug 24 16:36:52 EDT 2007

Gudday

I am trying to make a simple program that shows me at the center of the
screen and other objects around me.

I have tried this:

1. Visual Basic - it lets you move existing shapes, but not add new ones
2. Gambas for LINUX - can't seem to get the thing to install
3. JAVA - has potential - very new to me
4. PERL - I can quite happily use GD and PERL - but it is not very "live"

Can someone with programming experience point me in the right direction.

I would like to make a simple app for a PDA as well.

I have been hacking XASTIR and changing it with success.

I really need a pointer in the right direction.

Perhaps I should looking into C++ programming ?

I see a lot of JAVA APRS sorta stuff floating around.

JAVA interests me cause I can run it on windows and LINUX

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au
http://www.tech-software.net

Checked by AVG Free Edition.