[aprssig] D710s are in!

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:08:35 EDT 2007

> We got the D710s in at HRO yesterday - sweet radio!  I like 90% of the
> changes and additions over the 700.  Email me if you have any questions!

Will it work with Paclink in KISS mode at 9600 baud?  If so, what's
the bytes per second rate of some larger files and how does it compare
to other 9k6 systems.

The same question I had for the Kenwood engineers at DCC in 1999 per
the original D700 --  running TCP/IP packet, what's the results for
100 "pings?"   How about downloading a 100K file with FTP?

There's a lot more to amateur packet radio then APRS (though I'd argue
APRS is the most useful core) and if the D710 is finally an off the
shelf ready to go 9k6 frequency agile data radio -- it will be
revolutionary..

73
Bill - WA7NWP