[aprssig] KPC-3+ isn't hearing

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Aug 23 13:39:35 EDT 2007

At 12:19 AM 8/23/2007, n0gik at qcom.net wrote:
>Don't have a KPC 3+ to know if it has a PASSALL command.  If so, set
>it to ON and see if you get anything thru on RX.

         It does.

>Have you given the box its 1st Birthday reset? (yank power and
>internal battery source - let sit for a few minutes)

         Never would have thought to try that, but it seems like the
thing receives OK when I'm at home, but when I'm in, say, Atlanta, it
doesn't decode much. I listened to the audio, and it didn't sound
very much like what I hear at home, the tones seemed to be less
distinct.  I'll see what it does when I get home.

>Good luck

         Thanks!
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham