[aprssig] "Best" Mobile APRS Radio & TNC

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 12:45:08 EDT 2007

Dave Baxter wrote:
> I've heard that the D700 can be used without the controler.  I don't
> know how, but I think I know who, so I'll ask for more info...

You just turn off the TNC, and then connect any external device
(TinyTrack, OpenTrack, TNC, Echolink or sound card interface, etc) to
the standard 6-pin mini-DIN data connector on the radio's main chassis.
The only problem is that the DIN connector is automatically connected to
whichever side of the radio the mic is selected for.

(The new D710 has fixed this problem - an option in the config menu
allows you to assign the miniDIN permanently to either the A or B side
of the radio.)

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map