[aprssig] Comment String Display Viewer

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Aug 22 09:48:21 EDT 2007

> Also someone could come up with an addon for uiview
> that would show how 'messages' would look on the
> front of the d7/d700 much like the
> agwtracker software has built-in.

Yes, APRSdos and WinAPRS and maybe others provide marks or
boundaries to show the operator where the line-wraps are on the
D7 and D700.  This way they can feel certain that there messages
are pleasantly displayed on receipt.  I think WinAPRS does it
automatically based on knowing the type of station being sent
to.

Bob

> John A. Ficke - WT4M wrote:
> > Bob,
> >
> > Have added our Tidewater wide area coverage 2m voice
repeater: