[aprssig] KNOPPIX and XASTIR

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Aug 21 01:42:02 EDT 2007

At 04:59 AM 8/20/2007, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
>Anyone tried Ubuntu yet?
>
>That is my distro of choice, and I've been running it for almost 2
>years without any issues. Xastir is located in the repositories, and
>there is excellent how-to instructions for building it from source
>in the Xastir wiki.

         Yeah, I've been struggling with Ubuntu since May.  Version 6
doesn't recognize my 802.11 connection, and version 7 works for a
short time and then the screen resizes itself into a resolution that
doesn't work on this laptop.  I'm very close to just giving up on it.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk