[aprssig] Which Weather Station for a Mountain Top Digi

Sct599 at aol.com Sct599 at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 19:39:04 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/18/2007 6:08:02 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
desloan at earthlink.net writes:

Any  recommendation for a weather station to be installed just over 10,000 on
a  mountain top? The weather can get very severe on top of the mountain and
we  don't want to waste the money and more important the time (takes almost  3
hours of travel time for most of us to reach the  site).

73,
Dave  N0EOP

aprssig  mailing  list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org

Hi Dave,
I have had a great experience with the TAPR T-238+.  Our solar powered  WX
station W0DVM in Divide Colorado Has been running 24 x 7 for many years. The
T-238+ has a nice power reduction mod which turns off the transmitter when not
in use. It will also send your battery voltage appended to the normal WX
packet  each hour. Power drain with the display back light disabled is about 85ma
with a  full host of sensors.
73,
Scott - N0LNE