[aprssig] Remote Monitoring of Temperature

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Fri Aug 17 19:03:53 EDT 2007

Gday Dave,

There is a device called a SiteAlert that plugs into the back of a TNC and
provides telemetry for temperature, PTT count, auto-reset on digi failure,
battery voltage etc. http://www.aprs.net.au/Site%20Alert%203%20Web_2.htm

The unit has the ability to send Alarms via an APRS message when thresholds
have been reached. We send the APRS messages to an email address via an APRS
Email gateway.

We have about 7 of these running in our APRS network and find them very
useful. http://vk3.aprs.net.au/digi_site_graphs.htm The unit can connect to
a KPC3 or UIDIGI TNC.

Cheers
Richard