[aprssig] DTMF Decoder chips

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu Aug 16 19:05:25 EDT 2007

A number of people have asked me where I get my DTMF decoder chips I
have referred to in some of my writings and have demonstrated in my
presentations. My general answer is ".. wherever and whenever i can
find them" ... they are, for some reason, scarce. There are
references all over but few people carry them and mots that do want
orders in multiples of 1000's ...

To keep this from getting too long. I just scored 50 of the Clare
MT8870D in 18 pin DIP. They aren't very expensive. I am offering them
in small quantities as a 'complete kit' (chip, 18 pin socket, color
burst crystal, three precision resistors and 2 caps) for $5 plus $2 S/
H through my website. No bulk sales, limit three kits to a customer.

I have found this to be a rock solid chip.  I regularly use these
over VHF/UHF FM for remote control and they work very well.
Programming is trivial, loop and test one data_valid bit and then
read 4 data  bits. Basic Stamp, AVR, PIC, Arduino, you name it. The
DataSheet is available from my website also.

   <http://www.wulfden.org/SpecialSale/index.shtml>

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/TheShoppe.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit
       PICAXE Chips, boards, and accessories