[aprssig] D-Star replacement for APRS: [Was: D710 GPS Port]

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:00:38 EDT 2007

Just think - here in the Gulf Coast area the D-Star repeaters have a
budget of about $30K for a complete installation - that does NOT
include the yearly maintenence cost.  There are usually grants
available for the installation cost, BUT the yearly maintenence cost
must be carried by the club - as our local club found out,  as in
$500/yr just for extra insurance costs to cover the equip.

73 de Ken H.  K9FV