[aprssig] How Much Antenna for PCSAT?

Amir Findling sarlabs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:50:26 EDT 2007

I've made some satellite contacts using a Pryme AL-800 whip on the D7,
but not with PCSAT for which I used an Arrow II. Also I did not use the
whip vertical but mostly pointing from horizontal to almost directly at
the ground. Good luck doing that on a moving motorcycle! Now maybe if
someone else is driving it and you are just hangin' on for dear life on
the back seat... Be careful though...

73 de Amir K9CHP, member ARRL, AMSAT #36083

K9 Training Officer, Cayuga County Highland SAR,
http://www.cayuganet.org/highlandsar/index.html

K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of SAR Teams www.nysfedsar.org
<http://www.nysfedsar.org/>

1^st Special Response Group (1SRG) www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org/>

Apprentice Tracker, Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services,
www.jhardin-inc.org <http://www.jhardin-inc.org/>