[aprssig] Re: How Much Antenna for PCSAT?

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:31:48 EDT 2007

I've used a Comet SM24 dualband whip on the HT with good results handheld
working terrestrial stations however I took the HT (also a D7A) on my
bicycle and god very poor performance with it.  In fact a digi at 80' 1 mile
started losing packets where if using the D7A in a car with a mobile
antenna, I would get at least 10 miles away from that same digi.

My guess is that the radiation pattern going up to PCSAT wouldn't be any
different.  I find ISS to be the easier to work.  If you don't use an Arrow
style antenna, you probably won't hear the satellite come back if you make
it in at all.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.