[aprssig] Bluetooth

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Aug 14 13:57:53 EDT 2007

At 11:48 AM 8/14/2007, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
>I just posted saying that I thought bluetooth would be pretty good for a
>wireless connection to a GPS receiver. A connection to a bluetooth headset
>could be kinda nifty too. However, I only have experience with one bluetooth
>device... a headset that does give me trouble from time to time when my cell
>phone decides to not talk to it any more. When that happens, I have to fight
>with it for a while to get it going again. I have been kind of assuming that
>my particular bluetooth / cell phone combination was quirky, but maybe they
>all are. Bluetooth sounds good in theory, but it should work as well
>as it is supposed to work.

         No, it isn't just your particular combination, mine does
worse -- every time I replace the AAA battery in my headset, I have
to re-sync (or whatever it's called).  Sometime the operation is
quick, and sometimes it takes 10 or 15 minutes to get it all going
again.  I finally gave up -- my headset is in a drawer somewhere.

         One thing, though -- I bet if they would market a Bluetooth
headset that looks like that thing Uhura wore in the original Star
Trek series, they'd sell like hotcakes!

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham