[aprssig] D710 GPS Port

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Tue Aug 14 08:37:00 EDT 2007

--- Rich Mulvey <aprs at mulveyfamily.com> wrote:

>    Honestly, what Kenwood really needed to do is
> make it easier to make
> a professional installation, not harder.  For
> example, didn't any
> Kenwood engineers actually sit down, consider how
> people are actually
> using their rigs,

I have come to the conclusion that the survey that
Kenwood had people fill out at Dayton, a couple of
years back was just lip service and a stunt.  If they
had really listened, there would have been a built-in
gps, some kind of SmartBeaconing algorithm, bigger LCD
that can display more information, a customizable LCD
display format, open source (at least the front end)
and a whole host of other options I have seen people
ask for on this list.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com