[aprssig] APRS Databusrt

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Mon Aug 13 09:11:15 EDT 2007

Dave Baxter wrote:
> Hi..
>
> 434 is within the UK/EU amateur allocation, it's also a "spot" frequency
> (well, close by, 433.94something) for general unlicenced QRP (mW)
> devices such as garage door openers and car security systems.  With all
> the hassle and fall out as you might imagine, due to some political Euro
> Numpty making a technicaly uninformed decision years ago.   Here, 70cms
> (430-440) is also shared with the military!.  It's the only reason we
> still have a presence there, they can tell us to QRT at any time if
> needed.

In Norway we have primary status on 70cm.
But the unlicensed Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) frequency
band have "splitted" the HAM frequencies in two parts:

1. Limited to 10mW e.r.p and only 10% transmitting time
2. Limited to 10mW e.r.p only 10channel (dont remember the frequencies)
bute here they can xmit 100% of the time.

And yes the result is on most of the simplex "chat" frequencies we have
garagedoor openers etc but this is ony a short "fart"
On both in/out frequencies to the repeaters we have the biggest trouble
for here trucks with cranes or other cars with the need of remote
controls and yes they are active a full work day i.e 0600-1600 and if
thers something been buildt it's also used after this time.

The law is pretty strange even if we have primarystatus the Norwegian
Post and Telecommunication Authority says that ISM law has the same
rights. So when you have primarystatus you have to allow some
disturbance and that you can complain and get the authority to contact
the firms using these devices. But i realy think that this is to late as
the two biggest importers of these devices have sold thusands of these
"jammers"..

So maybe not on topic. But for all HAMs etc USE the frequency! its to
late when the ISM bugger is catching you

LA3QMA
Kai Gunter