[aprssig] Which Sat is on 144.39?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 12 22:05:17 EDT 2007

> PCSAT, NO-44 has a TX on 144.39 as well as 145.825.

So if your local area has implemented the New-N paradigm such
that QRM from dupes is reduced drastically, then often your
mobile will capture packets from PCSAT-11 when it comes
overhead.  With the reduced QRM of the New-N Paradigm settings,
there is quite a bit of quiet time between packets, and it is
not unusual to capture packets from PCSAT-11.  Which is it's
callsign on the 144.39 downlink.

Go to http://pcsat.aprs.org and you can see if it is getting
good sun angles.  If so, you will see lots of packets from
PCSAT-11.  The packets from W3ADO-1 are also often heard on that
downlink because they are crossconnected when in default mode.

Bob, WB4APR

   They