[aprssig] GPS Recommendations Needed

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 14:00:44 EDT 2007

These kinds of situations won't matter much until someone ends up
with a laptop impaled into their chest.  There will then be the
subsequent 'war on laptop installations' and 'think of the children'.  :D

The downside is that most vehicles don't have a passenger side
override for airbags, just namely pickup trucks.  The laptop being
there isn't as big of a deal as the fact that laptop is going to be
embedded in your chest for Darwin Awards to see if it goes off..

A Toshiba Libretto (or similar) would probably fit on the center of
the dash or on a ram mount, etc.  They're pretty small.

Ironically, the cop configurations here generally have the Toughbook
within the shot of the airbag.  I hope they're deactivating it.

--Droo, K1XVM