[aprssig] GPS Recommendations Needed

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Aug 10 13:16:14 EDT 2007

I recently bought a used Garmin GPSmap 176C on eBay for about $200.  The
276C is nicer, but you'll probably pay at least twice that.  Here's
Garmin's page on it: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=144

The street navigation features are not what you get from the current
generation of car navigation receivers, but it works fine and can be
used to plot waypoints from a Kenwood or an OpenTracker+ or Tracker2.

If you don't need maps, then you've got lots of options.  You shouldn't
pay more than $80 for a USB GPS receiver.

Scott
N1VG