[aprssig] APRS Messages - REJ

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 8 15:53:38 EDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Scott Miller wrote:

> REJ is a reject response.  Kenwoods will give that if their buffer is
> full.  The Tracker2 will send a REJ on authentication failure.  At some
> point, Xastir was changed to stop retrying on REJ responses, but I'm not
> sure if that was an optional setting or not.

Not.  Just looked it up, db.c was changed to do this in April of
2006:

revision 1.532
date: 2006/04/21 20:51:13;  author: we7u;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -2
This change clears the transmitted message so it won't get transmitted
again after a REJ packet, and gets rid of a printf to STDERR for each REJ.
revision 1.531
date: 2006/04/21 19:58:35;  author: we7u;  state: Exp;  lines: +184 -5
Added support for REJ packets, including igating of same.  Yet to be tested.