[aprssig] Re: D-710 at FCC test site

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Mon Aug 6 23:08:25 EDT 2007

There is no Analog mode on the VX8300
(http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=905) .  It's CDMA
only.  Most Verizon phones sold in the last 4-5 years don't have analog.

You're also not allowed to activate analog phones anymore due to E911
requirement, although some people succeed because they convince a rep
to risk their job in doing it :).  Any CDMA + Analog phones probably
don't adhere to the E911 requirement either, so they're probably not
allowed to be activated.  If broken under service contract would
replaced with CDMA only phones.

It's really for the better ultimately since analog is going away
starting the beginning of 2008 and the last time analog was added on
a site was probably a decade ago (especially on Verizon which adopted
CDMA early on as BAM).

--Droo, K1XVM