[aprssig] Broken digis (Ohio to Oklahoma and everywhere inbetween

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:55:32 EDT 2007

>Probably should have had more power - but figured with mountain digis - I'd
>get at least a few reports

I would invite you to take a trip to a mountain top and listen to 144.390
MHz.  You will hear HUNDREDS of APRS stations nearly non-stop.  So the
likely-hood that your 100 mw transmitter is going to be heard by a mountain
top digipeater is extremely low.  In most circumstances you will need to be
within 1/4 mile of the digipeater to be heard.