[aprssig] WOW! Iowa is really with it on the voice repeater objects.

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 13:30:01 EDT 2007

On the road again traveling from Pasadena, Ca to East Lansing, MI to
make what I call the annual home maintainance and PC upgrade service
call to my mother and sister.  .   Passing through Iowa, my mobile
UIview laptop lit up with this:

    < http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/iowa-objects.gif >

This is the western half of the state. The metro area at the left of the
screen is the Omaha, NE area and the metro area at the right is Des
Moines, IA.  I screen capped this just moments ago, and uploaded it to
my webserver via the FREE WiFi hot spots provided at Iowa Interstate
rest stops.   (I am also posting this message from the same hotspot.)

[The coolness of this ALMOST offsets the idiocy I monitored on 30M HF
APRS last night in eastern Colorado on I-76.  A (so far) nameless W9 was
beaconing every minute on an ECHO digi path. Propagation was quite good
on 30M last night -- I was hearing the original beacon and 2-3 digied
versions every time.   And this was a HOME STATION !!!!! ]

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

NEW!   JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide