[aprssig] lowest common denominator (was: Signal Locator WEB page)

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Apr 26 17:47:33 EDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Because the common denominator in APRS

That was my point presented in a backhanded way.  APRS seems to be
driven by the lowest common denominator.  Can't do X because the
Kenwood can't handle it.  Can't do Y because UI-View won't support
it.  Can't do Z because hams won't change their 20 year old digi
hardware.

Net result IMO?  APRS is isn't nearly as used and useful as it could
be because of the dead weight dragging it down.  I find it rather
discouraging.

my rather cynical $0.02...

-Jason
kg4wsv