[aprssig] Signal Locator WEB page

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Apr 26 12:11:53 EDT 2007

on 4/26/2007 11:04 AM Jason Winningham said the following:
> I'm not sure I see what the web has to do with it.  Every  time I've
> been DFing I was mobile, not sitting in front of the computer surfing
> the web.

Bob's point is that DFing is much more powerful when you can take advantage
of the vast (?) network of amateur home stations who can report at the very
least whether they hear the target (jammer) at their location.

It's especially useful if they cannot hear it at all, because it sets a
radius where the location of the target is more unlikely to be.

If you can harness all those home stations out there, you don't have to be
driving around to get multiple points.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.