[aprssig] Functional path to hit both WIDE and WIDEn-n digis?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 13:33:02 EDT 2007

A significant number of the digis in my area are using
WIDE or RELAY and not WIDEn-n.  I don't think any
amount of email is going to convince them to change so
I'd like to find out if anyone has a path suggestion
for my D7/700 that will hit both types.

Right now I have just WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and I get
digipeated by my own unit and once in a great while
when I'm driving.  I don't even make it to the APRS-IS
because I have Xastir back at my place showing tracks
and it only shows a couple posits for me even after a
100 mile round trip.  The posits happen only when I
was in range of a WIDEn-n digi.

When I'm mobile, I hear plenty of other position
beacons coming in but mine never seem to get anywhere.