[aprssig] RE: "Local Info" confusion...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:54:48 EDT 2007

Keith, Its not a UIDIGI ROM issue.  Its Uiview that interprets
any source of a 3rd party packet as being an Igate.  And since
we initially suggested using 3rd party packets for these
objects, this began to cover the map in Uiview with digipeaters
that then were marked as Igates.

So that is why we are abandoning 3rd party format and now
receommending the original APRS object format instead.   Hope
that helps.  Bob