[aprssig] Tactical call signs

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 24 11:02:56 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Matt Werner wrote:

> For digis I have seen and/or operate, the callsign IS in the packet.
> My point is that it doesn't need to be in the 'from' field of the
> packet, just somewhere IN the packet.

Doesn't even need to be in _that_ packet, just _some_ packet, or
even CW ID, and the packet can be set to go out to NO PATH AT ALL.

As long as you are identifying every 10 minutes (if it has
transmitted at all in the previous 10 minutes) in some manner,
whether AX.25 or CW, then you're meeting the FCC identification
regulations.

How do most voice repeaters operate?  ;-)