[aprssig] FW: Garmin Rino protocol

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Tue Apr 24 09:47:08 EDT 2007

I think the trick would be to simply record the polling message and clean up
the wav file (in this case).  I gave up trying to decode on air (not that
the 600baud signal is that difficult, it was more of a time issue), and use
use a "dummy" rino110 in our comms trailer hooked to an external antenna.
It hears all the local rinos and a script downloads the waypoints every 10
seconds and looks for the changes.  Any changes in waypoint position cause
that waypoint to be forwarded to an xastir server port.

I have some rinos and can play however.

Wes

On 4/24/07, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> Anyone want to continue with the RINO-to-APRS project?

In theory there is no difference between practice and theory.