[aprssig] Tactical call signs

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:07:15 EDT 2007

For digis I have seen and/or operate, the callsign IS in the packet.
My point is that it doesn't need to be in the 'from' field of the
packet, just somewhere IN the packet.

If retransmission of a message occurs without proper id of the station
of origin it isn't a violation - the first retransmitting station is
liable for any violations contained in the message though.  The lack
of ID isn't a violation in itself unless the originating station never
IDs.  That isn't the case here though as the callsign is in the
packet.

In the end it's a dead issue as John was referring to the legality of
identifying the originating station by morse code ID.