[aprssig] Weather questions

Earl Needham earl_needham at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 10:35:28 EDT 2007

         I am discovering that I need to download more shape
files.  My install of UI-View32 has some shape files, mostly for the
areas around my home, but now that I'm on the road, I guess I should
try installing shape files for places where I go most.

         Some years ago, in the time before shape files, I combined
data for the entire USA, put it in one zip file, and it was published
on various APRS sites.  This allowed anybody to get warnings for the
whole USA in one file, and it was simpler than downloading multiple
files.  Is anything like this available anywhere?

         Next question -- what would be the best way to insure I get
weather advisories, watches, and warnings for the area where I'm
currently at?  Maybe a filter setting of t/nw or something?

         Thanks,
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk