[aprssig] Dayton Pilgrimage Mobile Settings

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Fri Apr 20 08:37:28 EDT 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 9:16 PM, Jason Rausch wrote:

> Bob, I like the idea of Voice Alert, but I really hate
> talking on VHF when I run APRS because of de-sensing.
> I am a UHF guy and I typically like to run voice on
> 446.000 simplex when mobile.  I try to keep that in my
> position comment.  I just find that UHF voice plays
> nicer with packet on VHF.

And I prefer 10m simplex.  But...  :)

One of the really nice features of the D700 is the ability to prevent
packet transmission when either side of the radio is receiving.  So
if you're right side is on, say, 146.52, and your left side is doing
APRS, it won't transmit when you are listening to a station on 146.52
- if things are set up "right".  Pretty useful IMHO.