[aprssig] Annual Baker to Vegas APRS Event

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 19 23:02:18 EDT 2007

> Baker to Vegas Challenge Cup Relay race this
> weekend in the Mojave Desert... 60+ APRS teams...
> Catch the action at http://tracking.b2v.org
> Enjoy! 73  Phil - AD6NH

Wow, a very impressive effort! Great work.  Especially the special freqs and slotted operation!  I like this page which shows the technical how-dunit...

http://tracking.b2v.org/slotfiles/

Before I found that page, I was going to ask for an APRS technical Summary Page (after the race when you have time) since I am sure you are swamped now...

I think the above page answers all my questions except for curiousity about how many digis you have covering the area and what your planned worst case hop count turns out to be..  Actually maybe a column in your slotfiles table that shows "HOPS".  Then it could show 2 or 1 or 3 or whatever is the hop count for each one.  I assume all trackers have the same, but maybe the digis would only need one-less hop since they are high?

Answer when you have time, Im sure you are too busy now.
Bob, Wb4APR

Bob