[aprssig] neat project?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Thu Apr 19 20:34:45 EDT 2007

Perhaps people would leave it alone if we taped some D cells together
painted red and had some curly wires sticking out?  Reminds me of a bomb
threat at a local hardware store in Sumter SC.  Someone in the parking lot
saw what appeared to be dynamite, wires and a blinking LED light under an
SUV.  After evacuating an entire block and closing the hardware store we
learned that the guy's wife thought he was having an affair and
had installed a GPS tracker under his car.

Wes

On 4/19/07, Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
>
> > Then drop them on the side of the road at pinch points and transmit
> > the traffic on aprs!
>
> Sadly, the days of being able to drop homemade electronic packages by
> the side of the road are over!
>
> Steve K4HG

In theory there is no difference between practice and theory.