[aprssig] Why APRS mobile?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 12 17:24:13 EDT 2007

I didn't see the original posting of this thread and I haven't and am not going to see it at the aprssig archives right now.  Having said this, I don't have a laptop with my D700 or THD7 when I use them all the time.  They display any info I need to see while mobile or foot portable.  Weather packets from the NWS display their messages and others that hams may send are displayed just fine.  I guess I need someone to clear up the mud on what the fuss about all the NMEA data is and what the TTs are sending that you all are talking about when dealing with weather and SKYWARN mobile?

Thank you,
Chris
KB8UIH