[aprssig] Tiny Trak 3 config?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Apr 12 10:49:45 EDT 2007

Jason KG4WSV wrote...

> Even better, that bit of blatant advertising could be eliminated
> altogether, since that information is already in the TOCALL of
> every packet.

It may be advertising, but it tells other APRS users that it's a TT3. This
may not be so obvious if the TT3 is using MIC-E. The destination of APT311
can be a giveaway, but only when not using a compressed beacon. I don't have
any problem with the full spiel going out when it is first turned on, but I
still think it would be good practise to send out a shortened "TT3" every X
beacons.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH