[aprssig] Tier 2 server question

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 15:28:19 EDT 2007

jim at stuckinthemud.org wrote:
> This is a question for those with detailed knowledge of the Tier 2
> APERS servers.
>
> How fast does the information get passed between the servers.
>
> If I gate a position on to one server, are few talking a couple of
> seconds, 10's of seconds or into a minute or two for the information
> to be seen on others?

Within a couple of seconds.

Example, here in Southern California, my home station igate and
UIvwebserver is logged into various tier 2 servers.  When my parked
mobile beacons, it is immediately igated by my home station (ants are
about 15 feet apart!).  As fast as I can refresh my browser, the updated
posit is visible at findu which receives it's data from one of the tier
1 servers.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map